When Ginger first started posting prompts for weekly blog posts, I had hoped to participate each time – maybe even with BOTH prompts! Haaaaa ha. That didn’t happen. Having a second baby sure makes one….more than twice as busy or whatever. I don’t know.
But! One of this week’s prompts is a list, and I figure I can tackle a list pretty easily right now (cue baby waking in 5, 4…)
The prompt: Give us your top 10 favorite movies of all time.
Spoiler alert, most of this list is going to be movies that may not be “good,” but that I love and am incapable of not watching no matter how many times I’ve seen them.
- Saved! – You guys, this movie is the best. The best. I love the humor, but I also love that it has real heart, and a desire to understand what love and faith really means.
- Clueless – PAUL RUDD
- Notting Hill – Honestly, Julia Roberts’s character may not be, like, the nicest ever, but I do love this movie. A romantic comedy that manages to work the formula but still feel fresh
- Harry Potter – I am not counting all 8 separately, so sue me. (Though I will say that 3 is probably my least favorite of the movies, but one of my favorite books.)
- Ordinary People – Whoa, change of pace WHAT? It’s not a happy movie, really, but it is in a way. And the acting and writing are just so great, and I just…it’s amazing. I’m not going to go rent it for Girls Night, or anything, though.
- E.T. – Classic and wonderful and the theme song can still give me chills
- Love, Actually – I know this isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, but I like the intersecting story lines and Colin Firth is just the best trying to speak Portuguese.
- Pride and Prejudice (YES, THE KIERA KNIGHTLY VERSION SHUT UP) (“You have bewitched me, body and soul, and I love, I love, I love you.)
- Meet Me in St. Louis – Meet me in Saint Louis, Louis! Meet me at the fair! A great Christmas movie. I love the “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas” scene.
- Bring It On – “You’d tell me if you’d had a stroke right?”
There are no Pixar or Disney movies listed because COME ON that is just not possible.
Now YOU go!