Kammah had a fun idea for a blog post: list your favorite childhood books. I feel like I’ve written this before, but a hunt through my archives says that I haven’t.
So here are my favorite books as a child…let’s say through grade school (which means there will be no Harry Potter on my list because OLD).
- The Poble Who Has No Toes, by Edward Lear. This is a poem, but we had an illustrated book version of it as a kid and my mom read it to us ALL the time.
- Little House on the Prairie
- The Tillerman Family Series (particularly Dicey’s Song)
- Harriet The Spy
- The Secret Garden
- A Little Princess
- Little Women
- Ramona Quimby, Age 8 (and all others)
- Tales of a 4th Grade Nothing
- Cricket in Time’s Square
- Caddie Woodlawn
- Roar of Thunder Hear My Cry
- Babysitter Club (because I was a cliche even at 10).
- American Girl (I was partial to Felicity and Samantha)
- Diary of Anne Frank
- Charlotte’s Web
- The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe
- Tuck Everlasting
- Polar Express
- The Giving Tree
Ok, this list is getting somewhat out of control and these are just the ones off the top of my head. If I started researching books from certain years/grades I’d never stop.
What tops your list?